This bulletin was prepared to accompany the Fault Map and the Geologic Map
and is intended to enhance their usefulness by providing additional explanation.
This report also describes the historical antecedents of these two maps, the
latest in a sequence of state geological maps that was started in 1891.
Bulletin 201 consists of two main parts and four extensive appendices:
- Part I is a detailed explanation of the Fault Map of California
- Part II is a discussion of the Geologic Map of California
- Part III conations four appendices:
- An index to the faults shown on the 1975 edition of the Fault Map
- a tabulated listing of data for the thermal springs and wells depicted
on the Fault Map
- an index to the geologic formations grouped within each of the units
shown on the Geologic Map of California
- a detailed bibliography keyed to 27 index maps identifying all of the
source data used to compile the Geologic Map and Fault Map.