Superb photographs and vibrant, varied color graphics enliven every page. The lively text, written to stimulate young imaginations, has been checked for accuracy by experts from such institutions as the Smithsonian and the American Museum of Natural History.
More than "museum tours in books," these kid-friendly guides offer a true hands-on approach to learning.
Rocks and Minerals is different from any other information book that kids have ever picked up. They can start at the beginning and learn about our rocky planet, then read through to the end and find out how to collect rocks and minerals. Or they can follow their own interests! If they have a special interest in crystals, they can jump right into the "Meet the Mineral" section. They'll also find plenty of other discovery paths and read about great moments in geology and the scientists who made them.
Each of these features is found on every spread:
* VISUAL SECTION OPENER stimulates curiosity.
* INSIDE STORY puts a human face on important scientific discoveries.
* HANDS ON describes fun projects and activities.
* WORD BUILDERS explores the fascinating history of words and phrases
* THAT'S AMAZING! highlights extraordinary facts and figures.
* PATHFINDER provides cross-references to other spreads.
Sign in to post a review