Geologic highway maps
Geologic highway maps are highway maps that display the rock types the roads travel through. You'll find one for each region of the United States.
AAPG Great Lakes Geological Highway Map (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin)
AAPG Mid-Continent Geological Highway Map (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma)
AAPG Northern Rocky Mountain Geological Highway Map (Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming)
AAPG Pacific Northwest Geological Highway Map (Washington and Oregon)
AAPG Pacific Southwest Geological Highway Map (California and Nevada)
Learn more about the geological history of the rocks around you as you drive the states !Scale: 1 inch=30 miles. California and Nevada.
Colorado Geologic Highway Map
Colorado Geologic Highway Map and Shaded Elevation Map with 14,000 ft. peaks, selected mining districts, & dinosaur localities.
Geologic Highway Map of Kansas
Geologic Highway Map of Kansas and the Satellite Photomap of Kansas
- AAPG Mid-Continent Geological Highway Map (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma)
- AAPG Southern Rocky Mountain Geological Highway Map (Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah)
- AAPG Pacific Southwest Geological Highway Map (California and Nevada)
- AAPG Mid-Atlantic Geological Highway Map (Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia)
- AAPG Northeastern Geological Highway Map (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania)
- AAPG Great Lakes Geological Highway Map (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin)
- AAPG Northern Great Plains Geological Highway Map (North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota)